Monday, August 17, 2015

AHHHHHH

Hello!!

I decided to create a blog about my adventures abroad (utomlands in Swedish). Facebook can be overrated and this way I can write longer excerpts about everything that I get to do.

I leave for over 4 months in about 8 hours and I'm super excited. I've been counting down to this day since February and it's surreal that August 17 is finally here and I'm on my way to Sweden! My mom's side of the family is from Norkoping and Vimmerby so I'll be studying in the homeland, which is something special for both my family over there and myself. Even though I've been there once before, studying abroad is completely different from a visit and I'm hoping that I'll get to learn a lot more about my culture.

My passport is ready, suitcase is 98% packed, and my family is kinda freaking out a little. Partially because I'll be an ocean and a couple thousand miles away and partially because they think I'll spend four months drinking beer, hiking, and watching hockey.

Me? I'm excited, nervous, stressed, and a million other things. Nervous because it's just soooo far; stressed because I'm not completely physically ready to go; and excited because I've waited to study abroad for years and the time has finally come.

Stay tuned for pictures and other posts about my adventures for the next few months!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment