Thursday, August 20, 2015

The First 2 Days...

I know everyone has a different experience while studying abroad but I sincerely hope that not everyone's first day is as bad as mine was. This is an awful cliche but even though a lot went wrong in 24 hours, I actually learned a lot and realized facts that had been right in front of me.

My first day in Lund was a struggle. Struggle city was a thing and I was the not-so-proud mayor trudging my way through one minute at a time. Let’s just say that the only food I had to eat in 12 hours was an apple and a granola bar, I’m sleeping without sheets until I can make it to IKEA (sorry mom!), and that I scared my family and friends because I didn’t get in contact anyone for over 24 hours (once again, sorry!)

Thankfully, Wednesday went a lot better than Tuesday. I finally ate something besides the granola bars that are supposed to last me until October, reunited with the internet, and met up with friends from school. 

I was able to run before the welcome meeting that morning which allowed me to see at least part of the town but didn't prevent me from getting lost later that afternoon and again that evening. Lund has a small population but the town is sprawling and was founded before urban planning existed so it's easier for me to get lost than to actually know where I'm going. Without the mountains to the west or a grid system, I have no idea where I'm going so it makes for a very interesting time and me missing my unlimited data.


So raise your glass of Gevalia or Åbro for cheers to better days moving forward!

Em

Definitely not the best picture I've ever taken. But the only one so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment