Wednesday, August 26, 2015

So Much Room for Activities!

I’ve officially been in Sweden for 8 days. On one hand it feels like I’ve been here forever since the days are so long and so much has happened but on the other hand, time has flown by because I’ve been so busy. I look around at the people I’ve met and can’t help but think to myself “I can’t believe that I’ve only known _____ for a week”

Everyone is in the same situation and it’s like freshman year all over again. Nobody knows anyone, unless you’re from DU and you know 30 other people, and everyone is looking for friends. The faces and names start to blur together until all you know is where someone is from. Eventually that becomes part of their name so Kristin becomes “Kristin from BC” or Dan becomes “Daniel from Perth”.

Meeting people from all over the world definitely makes this the most tiring orientation experience that I’ve been through. Don’t get me wrong, it’s incredible to think of all of the different places we’re from and quite educational to hear different perspectives but at the end of the day I’m excited to climb into my sheetless bed and sleep, especially since Europeans really know how to party and it's exhausting...

ALSO! If for some reason you really want to follow along, I’m using the hashtag #emilyinsweden on Instagram and Twitter so click the links to see my thoughts on Swedes and some more pictures!


Kristin from BC, Mari from Peru, Madelyn from CO, Katri from Helsinki, me, and Anna from France!
Hooray, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment